Yay, your child was invited to a party of a classmate! Or maybe your child has a birthday party coming up and many children accepted the invitation to attend — success! How about acknowledging the kind gestures that follow from interacting with others in the world, with a short little thank-you note.
When your child is invited to a birthday party, usually the thanks are included in the birthday card your child gives to the happy birthday boy or girl. If your child wishes, they may certainly make a little picture art of thanks to give to their friend.
Why Should Children Write Thank-You Notes?
At this age, a card of thanks is a nice gesture and teaches your child to appreciate what others do. It will also instill in them a habit of good manners and make them popular with other parents. 😉
As a parent, you know how important it is to teach your child to say “thank you.” And one of the best opportunities to do so is after a birthday party, when your child can express their gratitude for the gifts and the presence of their friends. In this article, we’ll provide you with some tips and examples of thank-you notes for both inviting and attending children’s birthday parties.
Thank-You Notes for Inviting a Child to a Birthday Party
- “Dear [Name], Thank you so much for inviting me to your birthday party! I had such a great time playing games, eating cake, and hanging out with our friends. Your party was awesome, and I feel lucky to have been there to celebrate with you.”
- “Dear [Name], Your birthday party was so much fun! Thank you for inviting me and making me a part of your special day. I loved the games and the cake, and I’m so grateful for the gift you gave me. Thanks again for everything!”
- “Dear [Name], I wanted to say thank you for inviting me to your birthday party. It was so much fun to see all of our friends and play games together. I hope you had a great time too, and I can’t wait to see you again soon!”
- Happy birthday, Kyler! Thank you for inviting me to your party to celebrate your happy day! I’m glad to know you. I wish you the happiest of birthdays!
Remember, teaching your child to express gratitude through thank-you notes is an important life skill that will serve them well throughout their lives. Whether they are thanking someone for a gift, an invitation, or just for being a friend, saying “thank you” is always the right thing to do. So, help your child cultivate a habit of gratitude by encouraging them to write thank-you notes after every birthday party they attend or host.
And, What Do You Write in a Child’s Thank-You Card (For Coming to their Birthday Party)?
As the host, it is a nice gesture to give a note of thanks to those who came out for the fun bash.
When writing a thank-you card for a child’s birthday party, it’s important to keep the tone cheerful and playful. Here are some examples of what your son or daughter could write:
- Thank you for making my birthday party so much fun! I loved playing games and eating cake with you.
- Your presence at my party meant so much to me. I hope you had as much fun as I did!
- I’m so glad you could come to my birthday party. I loved spending time with you and hope we can do it again soon.
- Thank you for the awesome birthday present! I can’t wait to play with it.
- Your kind words and thoughtful gift made my birthday even more special. Thank you so much for coming!
Example Thank-You Notes to Children Attending Your Son or Daughter’s Birthday Party:
As outlined here, the traditional format is to:
1. Say thanks for the thing.
2. Say how the thing has touched you (or how their thoughtfulness has made a difference).
3. Look forward to getting together.
So, for example:
Thanks for coming to my party to celebrate with me! It was so great to see you. I also appreciated the [gift they gave you]. How’d you know I love [wool socks?] I can’t wait to use it/play with it/wear it/enjoy it [next time I’m camping]. Hope to see you soon!
Some more examples of thank-you messages for kids who attended your son or daughter’s 8th birthday party:
- “Dear [Name], thank you so much for coming to my 8th birthday party! I had so much fun playing games and eating cake with you. Thanks for making my day extra special!”
- “Hey [Name], I wanted to say a big thank you for coming to my 8th birthday party! Your presence made the party even more fun and exciting. Let’s hang out again soon!”
- “To my amazing friend [Name], thank you for celebrating my 8th birthday with me! I loved having you there to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ and open presents together. You’re the best!”
- “Dear [Name], thank you for being a part of my 8th birthday party! I’m so glad you could come and share in the fun. Let’s do it again next year!”
- “Hey [Name], thank you for coming to my 8th birthday party! Your gift was so thoughtful and I can’t wait to play with it. I had a blast celebrating with you and hope to see you soon.”
- “To my awesome friend [Name], thank you for making my 8th birthday party unforgettable! Your laughter and energy made the day so much brighter. Thanks for being a great friend!”
- “Dear [Name], thank you for coming to my 8th birthday party and being a part of my special day. I had a blast playing games and making memories with you. Let’s have more fun soon!”
- “Hey [Name], thank you for being a part of my 8th birthday party! Your friendship means so much to me and I’m grateful for all the fun we had together. Thanks for being awesome!”
Related: Teaching Gratitude: Getting Children to Write Thank-You Notes
Thank You For Attending My Son or Daughter’s Birthday Party (to Adult) Message Examples
Thank you for attending my daughter’s birthday party:
- Thank you for helping us celebrate our daughter’s birthday in style! You really know how to party.
- Thanks for being such a fun guest at our daughter’s birthday party. You even gave the birthday girl a run for her money on the dance floor!
- We just wanted to say thank you for making our daughter’s birthday extra special. We couldn’t have done it without you (and the cake you brought was a real hit)!
- Thank you for gracing our daughter’s birthday party with your presence. We hope you had a great time because we sure did!
- Our daughter was thrilled that you could make it to her birthday party. Thank you for helping to make her day so wonderful.
Thank you for attending my son’s birthday party:
- Thanks for helping us celebrate our son’s birthday! It was great to see you having so much fun with the kids (and maybe even reliving your own childhood a little bit).
- We just wanted to say thank you for coming to our son’s birthday party. Your presence made the party even more special, and we hope you had a blast.
- Our son had a blast at his birthday party, and we know that your presence played a big role in that. Thank you for being a part of his special day!
- Thank you for being such an awesome guest at our son’s birthday party. You definitely brought the party to life, and we couldn’t be more grateful.
- We really appreciate you taking the time to come to our son’s birthday party. Your presence made the day even more special, and we hope you had as much fun as we did.
Thank-You Note to Parent for Child’s Birthday Party Invite
Thank you so much for inviting [child’s name] to [your child’s] birthday party. We are thrilled that [he/she] can be a part of his/her special day. We appreciate the effort you put into planning and hosting such a fun event for all the kids.
[Child’s name] can’t wait to attend the party and celebrate with you. [He/She] is looking forward to playing games, eating cake, and spending time with [his/her] friends.
Again, thank you for including [child’s name] in your celebration. Please let me know what I can bring for the party!
Best regards, [Your Name]
Thanks Note to a Kind Child That Made the Party Fun for a Younger Child
I just wanted to thank you for seeing that Ryan has such a wonderful time at Rory’s birthday party. It’s not easy being the youngest child at a party, especially when all of the other children are at least two years older and considerably bigger. By giving Ryan a little extra “help” with the piñata, you really made him feel like he belonged with the big kids. He told me he had even more fun at Rory’s party than at his own!
The act of writing a personal thank you note will help your child in many ways:
- It will inform their view of social expectations that are essential to maintaining strong relationships and creating lasting bonds.
- It will give them a sense of responsibility and efficacy, seeing that something that they have the power to do, matters to someone else.
- Small gestures make big differences.
When kids are guided to thank another person, in writing, for a gift (or experience) which they’ve received, they also learn the value of human courtesy.
I suggest a simple card with the requisite: Happy Birthday, [name]! Depending on how well your child knows the birthday boy/girl, you might want to say how happy your child is to celebrate with them and you hope they have a fun birthday. Take a lesson from your child and give thanks to friends who attend your birthday party, too!
BillieI like to climb mountains, read Nietzsche, and explore the West Coast. I have a BA from York University (2003) in Toronto, Canada, and yet on this site I sometimes spell like an American (know your audience). Thank you. Thank you very much.
Happy 1st Birthday Wishes for Baby Girl or Boy: Examples & Quotes for Cards
Celebrate the first birthday of a special child with heartwarming wishes. Whether it's a boy or a girl, premature or…
How to Write Thoughtful Birthday Wishes for Your Daughter-in-Law (With Examples)
Looking for the perfect birthday message for your daughter-in-law? This article has got you covered! From heartfelt and memorable messages…