My sister is my best friend. She probably knows how much I admire and appreciate her, because I maul her whenever I see her (and she’s not the affectionate type). She would like me to write her sweet notes on her good days, send inspirational memes on her not-so-good days, and in general intuit her every need. I know this because I read her diary.
You can’t choose your sister, but you can choose to appreciate what you have. Write your sister a thanks note, just for being herself, and surprise her with your heartfelt expression of love. Use these best sister quotes as a starting point for your note or letter.
One-Liner Sister Notes
- My dearest sister, my strongest supporter, my favourite friend.
- Although I didn’t appreciate you while we were growing up, now I am forever grateful that you’re in my life.
- We share parents, childhood memories, a sacred bond.
- I smile because you’re my sister. I laugh because you can’t do anything about it.
- Hi Sis, I just want you to know how special you are to me and what you mean to me. I haven’t told you how important you are to me; I want you to know how blessed I am to have you in my life.
- Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.
- A sister is worth a thousand friends.
- There’s no better friend than a sister.
- My sister is the first one I think of to share the good news and the sad.
- I’ll never forget the moment when I was five years old and you protected me, and I realized what true love means. Thank you for always looking out for me.
- Side by side or miles apart, sisters will always be connected by heart.
- Sisters are for sharing laughter and wiping tears.
- How do people make it through life without having a sister?
- Comfort is knowing your sister is there when you need her most.
- My dear sister, it is time I shared with you my secrets — I secretly adore you, despite all evidence to the contrary.
- “I’ve known every love possible, but as the years stretched out, the love I longed for the most is the one I shared with my sister.” — Josephine Angelini
- “Your sister is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.” – Barbara Alpert
- “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” — Marion C. Garretty
- “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double.” — Toni Morrison
Your sister has undoubtedly helped you learn essential lessons in life, defended you from peers, sung your praises and declared your awesomeness to others, and has given you great advice (solicited or not) through the years. No matter how great your relationship, there are days you have likely wished she were never born. And that is perfectly normal, even after the age of five.