Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Matthew 28:19–20
How to Write Baptism Thank-You Notes
Baptism (or christening) is an important part of a Christian’s life: baptism marks the beginning of a new life in Christ.
For many families, the tradition is to celebrate with relatives and friends, by taking time to attend the ceremony and/or by giving a baptism gift.
Who Gets a Thank-You Note?
It is appropriate to write a thank-you note to those who contribute to the special day or offer a gift.
Here’s an example template from which to draw inspiration from while writing your own thank-you note acknowledging your church members for performing the sacrament or ordinance or symbolic act of baptism.
Thanks For the Ministerial Duties
Dear Minister Gordon,
The baptismal ceremony in which you baptized our granddaughter, Eileen McCray, last week was both meaningful and inspiring. Thank you for making the beginning of my granddaughter’s walk with God such a memorable event for her and her family.
Your comments during the ceremony fully explained to all present the significance of such a symbolic act. I especially appreciate your time spent in visiting with Eileen both before and after the ceremony to help her understand fully that commitment as this special occasion. In keeping with your message, my husband and I will do our best to further her growth as she applies her knowledge of the scripture to her daily life.
When Eileen was born, we promised that we’d dedicate her to the Lord’s service, and we intend to continue with that commitment. We feel fortunate that our family has you as leader and counsellor in our church and community.
Hank and Sue
What Should You Write in a Baptism Thank-You Note?
Keep it simple and write a personalized message, noting a few of the following:
- Thank you for attending, celebrating, or coming.
- Thank you for travelling from a far distance.
- Thanks for the generous gift, including money.
- Thank you for being an important part of our special day.
Thank-You Note Template
Dear [person’s name],
Thank you for witnessing my baptism! I am thankful you were there to celebrate this joyful occasion with me. [Personalized thanks].
Love (or another closing),
Your name [and Spouse’s Name if applicable].
For a special day like a baptism, sending handwritten thank-you notes is recommended. Email or phone may be okay too, depending on your family traditions and constraints. But handwritten is your best route.
What to Say if You’re Invited to a Baptism?
Examples of What to Write in Baptism Card Messages
Baptism Card Messages To The Parents
- If you’re attending a baptism and want to send a card to the parents instead of the infant or child, these baptism card messages fit the bill.
- This is a great milestone for little (baby’s name). May today be a special and memorable one.
- I am so thankful to be invited to watch your child be Christened. I know with you as their parent, they will grow in their faith.
- May God grant your little one all the blessings of His gentle love and may (baby’s name) enjoy a lifetime of health and happiness. Congratulations.
- May your child’s Baptism be just the start of a life filled with blessings. Best wishes.
- May your child always walk in the company of angels.
- Wishing the entire family all the best on this special and momentous day. May it bring with lots of love, joy and happiness.
- Congratulations on this special day as your baby is Baptized and Christened. Wishing your family loving guidance and kind blessings. All the best!
- Congratulations on (baby name)’s Christening. Hope you all have a wonderful day and wishing you all a life blessed with love, health and happiness.
- Thank you for inviting us for the Baptism and Christening function of your little one. May your little one be showered with love from above. Blessings!
- Christening wishes for your beautiful child! Today as the Holy water is sprinkled on her may she be filled with God’s perfect love. Congratulations!
- Wishing (baby’s name) a blessing from above. May today’s celebration be filled with peace, love, and wonderful memories.
- The love of God is all encompassing. As you present (baby’s name) to Him today, may (he/she) be blessed with joy and a loving family that she may find peace as you usher (him/her) in the Christian way of living.
Thank You For Holiday Service
Thanks for the Tasty Dinner
Thanks for Your Friendship
Notes Your Sister Will Love
A Note Your Father Will Cherish