Make the thank-you message match the gesture; aim for the middle ground and do not overdo or underplay a thank-you.
Sometimes a simple “thank you” will suffice, while at other times you may want to give an equal amount of thought to your message or reciprocal thank-you gesture.
Remember that saying thank-you is always the right thing to do.
One-Liner Thank You Ideas For Friends
- You brought a big smile to my face.
- Thank you for… listening.
helping me move.
the great service.
being so considerate.
suggesting that idea.
returning my phone call.
taking the time.
thinking of me.
doing the dishes.
the useful advice.
understanding my perspective.
cleaning up the garage.
taking the kids to the park.
- You are one of my favourite people to spend an afternoon with; I enjoy our interesting talks.
- Your consideration shows up in everything you do.
- You always know the right words to say and actions to take to help set anyone at ease.
- I admire your excellent taste.
- I consider you a dear friend and someone in whom I can confide.
- How could I ever get along without you? I wouldn’t have half as much fun.
- You have outdone yourself. Of course, you always do.
- A person of your calibre deserves the best.
- This gift and the beautiful thoughts that accompanied it are definitely a tribute to the amazing person you are.
- Your beautiful gift reflects your excellent taste and I am so lucky to call you my friend. Every time I look at your gift, I will be touched by your unending thoughtfulness.
- You are a role model and a friend. I could never fill your shoes, but am continually inspired by your feats [Oooohhh, so witty] and beautiful spirit.
- Gratitude is the heart’s memory.
- Thank you.
- We are in each other’s life for a reason. Thanks for showing up.
- I thank God for protecting me from what I thought I wanted and blessing me with what I didn’t know I needed.
- Today I am thankful for you.
- You’ve always believed in me… thank you.
- “You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me. I can’t imagine what things would be like if I hadn’t met you.” —Steve Maraboli
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” —Thorton Wilder
- “If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we would all be much happier.” —John Wooden